I used the We R Memory Keepers Pillow Box Punch Board to create the box. The board itself offers only one width for all pillow boxes which I find a little awkward. A slight modification to the board would have made it a lot more universal. Strange that they stuck with the limitation. Anyways, for now, we'll have to use what's available - our own creativity. :-) So, I made my box a little wider. Closed, it now measures 12x9 cm (LxW)
- We R Memory Keepers Pillow Box Punch Board
- Marianne Design Creatables Lr0115 Butterfly
- Marianne Design Petra`S Ornaments Creatables Lr 0279
- Crafter’s Companion Embossalicious Embossing Folder Flutterby Butterfly 8" X 8" Ef8-Flbut
- JOY!CRAFTS - Die Cutting & Embossing Stencil LOVE FANTASY 3 BORDERS B 6002/0405
- DixiCraft Die MD0008 Alphabet Block
- DixiCraft Die MD0008 Alphabet small
If you look closer at the Sweet label, you'll notice a very thin red outline.
Obviously this cannot be done by hand. Well, at least certainly not by my hand. :-) The trick how to create this effect I learned from Sue Wilson (Creative Expressions). In short - you die cut two identical labels in different colors (red and white in my case) Cut the one that goes under in the middle, just with scissors, in a straight vertical line. See? There, on the very top of the label? The red one is split under there!
A tiny little bit that you would not even notice unless you looked for it. The halves of the red label are shifted to the sides to look out a little from under the white one.