Pinterest

Pinterest To pin any of my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and the Pin-it Button will appear :)

1001 Snowflakes Christmas Card

Hello Bloggers,

this card is my attempt to snap myself out of the "foliage - left, sentiment - right" layout of lately. :) It's all about snowflakes, instead. :) There are printed and glittered snowflakes on the background paper, there are embossed snowflakes in the foreground, there are some die-cut snowflakes caught in the fir-tree ...

Here the embossing, the glitter and the shine show better:
It's interesting how you can never have too many different snowflakes in your collection. I actually had to use die-cut snowflakes from 3 (!) different sets to make this card. It's always something - either the configuration, or the size, or the fineness of the lines... 

The big bow is from Joy!Crafts. I added an extra white layer for some dimension. 

Last, but not least. The card is very big. It's actually a full A4 folded in halves. I really had to be careful with the weight. A complete with the envelope 2-stamp card cannot be heavier than 50gr. So, fair cheating employed, the green edges are... well... just edges. I made frames of about 1cm wide and used them to outline the major layers. :)

Used:

  • Marianne Design LR0393 Creatable - Ice Crystals
  • Marianne Design CR1335 Craftables Punch die Snowflakes 
  • CraftEmotions 115633/0131 Die - snow crystals
  • Leane Creatief Embossing Folder "Snowflakes Background" 35.9777
  • Joy!Crafts 6002/0183 Ribbons & Bows
  • Cheery Lynn Designs  DL278 Horizon Fishtail Banners
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities 2011 Heirloom Ornament S4-334
  • Scrapping Cottage Cottagecutz Vintage Bells (Cc-022) (no bells, the branch only)

Challenges: 
Reviews from Challenges are on WordPress.

Thanks for stopping by!

Lena

Comments

  1. I love also snowflakes Lena! It gifs a winters effect, don't look at my English,
    I now it's very bad hihi. But your card is lovely, with the embossing and glimmering!
    xx Gerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Gerie, I am sorry, this comment is so lonely here. The reason is that I tried to have this card on WordPress and entered it into several Challenges from there. Still not sure if it was a smart move. :) So, there were more comments, but I treasure yours best! Thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Show Emoticons